The Administrator is required to carry out the day-to-day management of the car service under the supervision of the coordinator. The work involves working closely with the coordinator in relation to the placement of volunteers.
In particular, the Administrator’s duties include:
- Administering the car service and liaising closely with the overall VHC coordinator, particularly with regard to volunteers
- Responding to all requests for transport, which fall within the guidelines for assistance, and allocating each request to an appropriate driver
- Referring any request that does not appear to merit assistance or that appears impractical to the coordinator for collective decision
- Maintaining an up-to-date record in the daybook and diary of all requests received and the name of the volunteer allocated to the journey
- Collation of all driver claims for submission to the VHC Treasurer for payment
- Support the overall VHC coordinator in ongoing volunteer recruitment
- Provide holiday cover for the overall VHC coordinator including monitoring emails and payments as appropriate
- Collating statistics
- Be a professional representative for the VHC
How to apply
You can apply online. You will need to attach your CV to your application, either as a Word document or PDF.